To illustrate the value that the USFS places on its role to protect and restore the health of America’s aquatic resources, the Agency created a short film titled “Your Best Waters.” This film portrays some of the objectives described in the USFS’s 2017 Rise to the Future: National Fish & Aquatic Strategy (Goal 1 under the Strategy includes components to address the invasive species issue across the entire National Forest System). The Agency will be working with partners to share this film over the coming months; please feel free to pass it along through your networks. To watch the film, click here.
On May 10th, 3 groups of Masters students from CU-Denver’s Environmental Science program presented their capstone projects on studies conducted in the BMW watershed. Below are their presentations.
- Secondary Phosphorus Removal for Barr-Milton Watershed Association
- Assessment and Comparison of Residential Soil Phosphorus Levels and Resident Knowledge of Fertilizers within the Barr-Milton Watershed
- Stapleton Resident Lawn Survey
- Park Hill Resident Lawn Survey
BMW completes clean water messages using an EPA Urban Waters grant.
- Click here to see a summary of the grant effort.
- Power point presentation by Harvey Harper, ERD, regarding feasibility of in-canal treatment.Susan Thornton prepared a brief summary of BMW’s progress on their grant effort at the Feb. 26th Stakeholder meeting.
- Click here to review it.The Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) has completed a phone survey of 2,000 homes.
- Click here to see a summary of their findings as of February 2013. They will be conducting focus groups as part of this effort as well.
- CFWE Webinar: Cyanotoxins, Nutrients, and Public Health (pdf) April 13, 2017 by Steve Lundt, CLM
- Meeting Water Quality Standards in a Front Range Reservoir Using an Innovating Watershed-Based Approach that Benefits Multiple Partners
- BMW In-Canal Water Quality Forum PowerPoint Presentation
- BMW In-Canal Water Quality Forum Handout
- North Denver Cornerstone Collaborative
- Annual BBQ Presentation
- Barr Lake Treatment Options Evaluation
- Watershed Authority Toolbox
- 2012 Watershed Tour of the Cherry Creek Basin (pdf) July 2012
- RMWQAA Limnocorral Talk (pdf) April 27, 2012
- Nitrogen and Phosphorus Pollution Series: State and Local Policies to Restrict the Use of Lawn Fertilizers (pdf) September 2011
- Managing Barr Lake and Its Watershed to Improve Water Quality (pdf) March 23, 2011
- Presentation by Dr. Larry Roesner, CSU, to the Feb. 22, 2011 Stakeholders meeting (pdf) February 22, 2011
- Presentation to Colorado Water Congress (pdf) Fall of 2010 by Laurie Rink and Steve Lundt
- BMW Phased pH TMDL Presentation “Third Party Phased pH TMDL & Adaptive Implementation Plan” 2010
- Outreach List Development February 23, 2010 by George Patten, Integral